How to install cover strips
Smooth joint and no mould!
Do you have difficulties sealing joints between a wall and a bathtub or shower tray?
There is no need for messy joints between a shower tray and a bathroom wall, creating a favourable environment for mould.
You simply slip a cover strip into the gap and do the job in a professional way. No mould will grow on the cover strip.
Quick and easy installation of cover strips for bathtubs and shower trays in six steps
|1/ On the sides of the shower tray or bathtub adjacent to the tiled wall, glue a self-adhesive foam strip 10 mm from the upper edge of the product to save sealant and ensure sound insulation. *||2/ Adjust the length of the cover strips away from the shower tray or bathtub after the final installation of the product, so that the cover strip ends at the inner structure of the shower enclosure, or at the edge of the bathtub.|
|3/ Apply silicone sealant on the foam strip in the gap between the shower tray or bathtub and the wall.||4/ Apply approx. 3mm silicone sealant onto the full length of the cover strip. It is applied to the outer edge of the contact surface between the cover strip and the shower tray or bathtub, and the contact surface between the cover strip and the wall. Fill the slantwise cut ends (at a 45° angle) with sealant.|
|5/ Push the cover strip into the gap between the shower tray or bathtub and the wall so that it tightly adheres to the upper edge of the product and tiles. Weigh down the cover strip. If necessary, remove sealant after it has dried.
||6/ Finished shower tray or bathtub sealed with silicone sealant and a cover strip. Ends of the cover strips used for bathtubs can be sealed with cover strip end pieces.|
|* - For shower trays - a self-adhesive foam strip is included in the universal mounting kit.
For bathtubs - a self-adhesive foam strip is included in the original bathtub support.
properly seal a gap between a wall and a bathtub or shower tray edge, leaving a smooth finish.
Use of cover strips:
- for bathtubs and shower trays
- to cover and seal gaps, providing easier cleaning of the product
- poor brickwork, which failed to keep a right angle
- in case of a divergence of a wall and an edge of the product provided that the bathtub has been installed in keeping with the RAVAK installation instructions (not tiled), the cover strips may be also used additionally
For more information, see the product page - Cover strip.
Universal mounting kit
suitable for all shower trays on the market up to a size of 120 cm.
- for perfect sealing of a shower tray
- for installation into an already tiled shower enclosure
- for all shower trays installed into a corner (for trays installed in a niche it is possible to purchase additional cover strips separately)
For more information, see the product page - Universal mounting kit.